On Fri, Mar 02, 2018 at 01:48:40PM +0000, Bakke, Silje Ljosland wrote:

> A doctor making and recording a conclusion that a
> measurement of some kind is too high or too low, IS a
> diagnosis.

Uhm, no.

> their conclusion would be recorded as a diagnosis of hyponatremia.

While most doctors will do that it is wrong.

Hyponatremia is not a diagnosis. It is just a
supposedly-clever way of saying what the lab already said. It
is intended to make non-doctors think we doctors are in
control of the situation.

At best, it is an unresolved problem. All in all it is a
_finding_, or observation, notably out-of-range :-)

Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346