Pablo, I wish you sincerely all the best.

IMHO, the question is not really to enroll but to deliver... and
considering the tremendous amount of money that was invested in HL7 and
Snomed (both to elaborate and try to implement) and the actual societal
return, there is such a discrepancy that the hypothesis that, due to
missing the "information society" turn, health systems are entering
terrible crisis times is to be considered seriously.

In current "information society", you have two options when considering
"health information systems":
1) You dedicate yourself to "medical information systems" instead, and
can freely build for (inter-connected) silos,
2) You consider "health" in its genuine meaning and you have to realize
that it is a complex domain fully opened to all other societal issues...
hence should ban components that are endemic to medicine.

Maybe (and I really mean it for Latin America), it should be high time
to leapfrog, not to join the "dollars wasting club" ;-)

Philippe