> I am get the impression that SNOMED CT is hard to implement, and therefore
> wondered if we are at some kind of tipping point, like where HL7v3 was a
> few years ago, and some bright spark came along, and now we have FHIR that
> is gaining great traction in the health community due to the ease at which
> it can be implemented.

this is very true, and I wish that someone would stick their neck out and
do this at scale with
a community behind them. Many of the parameters for how it could be done
are obvious around
free and crowd-support etc. But the big problem is that there is no
capacity for it to happen as a
palace revolution; it must be a full civil war first.