From: Pablo Pazos <pablo.pa...@cabolabs.com<mailto:pablo.pa...@cabolabs.com>>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 3:36 am
Subject: Re: openEHR on FHIR and vice versa
To: For openEHR technical discussions
<openehr-technical@lists.openehr.org<mailto:openehr-technical@lists.openehr.org>>

Yes, in fact the closest we can get to automatic transformations is just
defining the mappings between openEHR classes and the correspondent FHIR
resources, and feed that to a system that, for a specific openEHR instance,
provides a mapper user with constrained options of FHIR resources to choose
from, and vice-versa, given a FHIR resource, provide the options of openEHR
classes to map to. Then will end up mapping fields of correspondent types. No
magic here for now :(

But I believe this process can be more intelligent, if we add extra metadata to
the definitions (like SNOMED CT annotations with concept ids and expressions),
and we have a lot of instance samples where AI algorithms can run on and detect
semantic matches. Still, a human needs to do some manual work, but maybe less
with the extra help of metadata+AI.

Thinking of 100% automatic generic transformations between any instance of two
different information models is currently just science fiction IMHO :), or for
a political correct answer: it is an open problem.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 7:58 AM Ian McNicoll