On 04/13/2018 05:43 PM, Bystricky, Juro wrote:
I think the better approach is to accommodate the exe suffix when doing
the move:

mv -v ${D}${libexecdir}/gio-querymodules${EXEEXT}
${D}${libexecdir}/${MLPREFIX}gio-querymodules${EXEEXT}

This was actually the first thing I tried. However, I ended up with
"nativesdk-gio-querymodules.exe"
in the mingw tarrball (in my case
poky-glibc-x86_64-core-image-minimal-core2-64-toolchain-2.4+snapshot.tar.xz).
I am not sure what you expect postinst to do for Windows toolchains/SDKs, but I
would expect
"gio-querymodules.exe", as it used to be until recently.

"nativesdk-gio-querymodules.exe" is totally fine. This utility is used in only one place: poky/scripts/postinst-intercepts/update_gio_module_cache, to generate the cache file of gio modules whenever the gio modules are installed or removed.

That script is called by postinst_intercept mechanism, which is triggered via meta/classes/gio-module-cache.bbclass every time a package that inherits that class is installed.

I am fairly sure that with the patch you sent it is not going to work for the nativesdk mingw case, as the script does prepend the MLPREFIX to the utility name (to call the correct version among many when multilib is in use). We would probably need to append the .exe suffix in there as well though.

Please do try populate_sdk with nativesdk-glib-2.0 included into it and watch for any warnings about failed postinst_intercepts.

Alex