On Monday 10 June 2013 12:19:48 John Stirling wrote:
> The Qt application (qtui) is compiled and has some C++, some QML and needs
> to use dbus. I am kicking it off via './qtui -qws'.
>
> So basically if I had this -
>
> IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
> qt4-embedded \
> qtui \
> "
>
> You suggest just cutting it down to
>
> IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
> qtui \
> "
> and it should work itself out ?

Apart from plugins and anything else that your application doesn't get
directly linked to, yes.

> I am not entirely sure on the 'inherit qt4e' line.

You do want this here, yes.

> SRC_URI = "git://${SOURCE_REPO}/git/${PN}.git;protocol=ssh;tag=${PV}"

I think you probably should specify SRCREV here, even if it's SRCREV =
"${AUTOREV}" to build the latest version on the specified branch. For tags that
won't change, typically we recommend that you specify the full sha1 hash in
SRCREV and then the system knows it doesn't need to query the git server to
get the current hash corresponding to the tag.

> PROVIDES = "${PN}_${PV}"

This should not be necessary.

> DEPENDS = "qt4-embedded"

This is already done for you by inheriting qt4e.

> RPROVIDES = "qtui_${PV}"

This should not be necessary either.

> PACKAGES="${PN}"

Unless you have a good reason to do this I would recommend not doing so; the
standard package splitting should work for most situations and for those where
it needs to be tweaked slightly that can be done fairly easily.

> FILES_${PN} += "/root/qtui /usr/share/reciva/qml/qtui
> ${sysconfdir}/dbus-1/system.d/"

Typically you would install binaries such as this to ${bindir} rather than
/root.

Cheers,
Paul

--