Hi Nicolas,

Le Mon, 10 Jun 2013 14:10:15 +0200,
Nicolas Dechesne <nicolas.deche...@linaro.org> a écrit :

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM, John Stirling
> <ap.john.stirl...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > You suggest just cutting it down to
> >
> > IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
> > qtui \
> > "
> > and it should work itself out ?

this will work but if you need plugins they will be missing as only the
linked libraries will be automatically integrated.

> hi, i have observed the same issue, and I used the following 'workaround':
>
> BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS = " \
>     qt4-embedded-demos \
>     qt4-embedded-examples \
>     qt4-embedded-demos-doc \
>     qt4-embedded-tools \
>     qt4-embedded-assistant \
>     "
> which I added in my image recipe, that would ensure that the packages which
> are RECOMMENDS don't get installed in the final image.
>
> I would be happy to use another (nicer?) method, too.

check packagegroup-core-qt4e.bb and remove :
        qt4-embedded-demos \
        qt4-embedded-examples \
        qt-demo-init \
        qt4-embedded-assistant \

(and also the plugins & libs you may not need)

FWIW I'm using this to build a quite full featured qt4e base image :
RDEPENDS_append += " \
        qt4-embedded \
        "

QT_INSTALL = " \
        libqt-embedded3support4 \
        libqt-embeddedclucene4 \
        libqt-embeddedcore4 \
        libqt-embeddedgui4 \
        libqt-embeddednetwork4 \
        libqt-embeddedsvg4 \
        libqt-embeddedsql4 \
        libqt-embeddedxml4 \
        libqt-embeddedxmlpatterns4 \
        libqt-embeddedwebkit4 \
        libqt-embeddedscripttools4 \
        libqt-embeddedtest4 \
        libqt-embeddedmultimedia4 \
        libqt-embeddedhelp4 \
        libqt-embeddeddeclarative4 \
        libqt-embeddeddbus4 \
        libqt-embeddedphonon4 \
        \
        qt4-embedded-fonts-ttf-vera \
        qt4-embedded-fonts-ttf-dejavu \
        qt4-embedded-plugin-mousedriver-tslib \
        qt4-embedded-plugin-sqldriver-sqlite2 \
        qt4-embedded-plugin-sqldriver-sqlite \
        qt4-embedded-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer \
        qt4-embedded-plugin-iconengine-svgicon \
        qt4-embedded-plugin-imageformat-gif \
        qt4-embedded-plugin-imageformat-ico \
        qt4-embedded-plugin-imageformat-jpeg \
        qt4-embedded-plugin-imageformat-mng \
        qt4-embedded-plugin-imageformat-svg \
        qt4-embedded-plugin-imageformat-tiff \
        sqlite3 \
"

QWT_INSTALL = " \
        qwt-e \
"

IMAGE_INSTALL += "\
        ${QT_INSTALL} \
        ${QWT_INSTALL} \
"

and I add this when I want the examples :
IMAGE_INSTALL += "\
        qt4-embedded-demos qt4-embedded-examples qt-demo-init \
        qwt-e-examples \
"
(qt-demo-init is a homemade init script).

Eric