On Monday 10 June 2013 15:13:56 Eric Bénard wrote:
> Le Mon, 10 Jun 2013 15:07:01 +0200,
> Nicolas Dechesne <nicolas.deche...@linaro.org> a écrit :
> > thanks for your answer. so, yes I kind of figured out I could do that. But
> > in fact I was hoping that re-using the existing packagegroup from oe-core
> > *should* be the right thing to do, instead of re-implementing another one.
> > and perhaps the packagegroup being called core-qt4e should be restricted
> > to 'core' components, and we could have 1 (or more) additional
> > packagegroups that could be pulled into images, instead? otherwise what's
> > the point of having a 'core QT4e packagegroup' if it's not suitable for
> > any real usage?
>
> true, I'll cook & test a split of the packagegroup to make the examples
> & demos optional

This sounds like a good idea.

FWIW, the contents of this packagegroup came up on IRC a week or two ago and
it was pointed out that the main package includes qt4-embedded which pulls in
everything, but also includes a subset of the qt4-embedded-* packages and
having both seems a bit pointless. I did test removing qt4-embedded from the
packagegroup to see what would be removed from a qt4e-demo-image;
unfortunately I don't seem to have the buildhistory output to hand, but IIRC
it didn't seem to me that anything we would have needed was being removed.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton