On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 9:25 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.bur...@intel.com> wrote:

> On 13 January 2017 at 14:19, Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfi...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm not much good with musl unfortunately, but honestly, I'm wondering
>> how long we
>> can keep this out with relatively few build issues. In tree, they'll get
>> more attention.
>>

> This is a greater problem - the kernel guys seem to think that glibc is
> the only C library worth thinking about.  Khem took the action to talk with
> musl and get their headers fixed - which I believe is just adding a new
> #define to them.

And gcc is the only compiler! ;)

FWIW I spent 6 hours over the holidays trying to fix a musl build error,
but I have no
idea how its defines work, so all I did figure out is what kernel commit
broke it  ... to
be fair, glibc is just as nuts and it the uapi headers break it, I'm just
as lost.

> I'll continue stacking on 4.9 changes until they get sorted out.  I'll
>> probably have some
>> cycles near the end of next week to get lost in c library #ifdef's, if
>> the issues are still
>> around.
>>

> I keep on pushing the kernel bits to mut2, so feel free to send an updated
> branch and I can merge that in too.

ok. So I'll repost the series over the weekend with more -stable, -rt and
tools tweaks. It will
overlap the old one .. if that causes a problem, let me know now, and I'll
try and make sure
it starts where the other left off instead.

Bruce

--
"Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await thee
at its end"