Here it is, using a Popup:
https://github.com/TomasMikula/jfxtras-labs/blob/8.0/src/main/java/jfxtras/labs/scene/menu/CirclePopupMenu2.java
https://github.com/TomasMikula/jfxtras-labs/blob/8.0/src/main/java/jfxtras/labs/scene/menu/Sample2.java

The nice thing about popup window is that it can extend beyond the
bounds of the owner window.
Just let me know if transparency works for you as expected. Some time
ago transparency stopped working on my system and I didn't care to
find out why, so my Popup has white background instead of transparent,
but should be transparent on a healthy system.