Looking at PopupWindow; that is an abstract class and I'm not finding much
examples on how to use it. Maybe extending PopupControl would be a better
choice.

Been looking at the ContextMenu source code (which is extending PopupControl),
but it is somewhat mysterious how those MenuItems get rendered. I would expect
maybe a skin, but I'm not finding it.