I think this was true back when Java was a contender for browser graphics. It’s
clear now that Java in the browser, and even Flash, are going away. Now I think
the best opportunity for JavaFX is for rich, cross-platform, non-browser apps -
which really means desktop enterprise apps. Very limiting - until JavaFX has a
mobile story. For this I think JavaFX needs an application like Microsoft
Access or Oracle ADF as opposed to a FlashDesigner app (though that wouldn’t
hurt).

Having a top-teir mobile story is really the only hope to have JavaFX go
mainstream. It would be nice if Oracle would buy RoboVM. :-)

jeff