I am surprised more people have not expressed an opinion on this.  To me,
it seems absolutely *vital* to the long term (or any term) success of
JavaFX.

Haven't any of you ever programmed in Flash?  Can you imagine trying to
create any of those complex (or even the simple) animations and
visualisations *without* a visual editor and by doing it code alone?  It
wouldn't have been practical (read possible) and similarly, and with JavaFX
having even richer features, to do this "by hand".

To me, this is the reason why we haven't seen any great
animations/visualisations/applications using JavaFX and we probably never
will until a visual animation editor is available.  Specifying and
controlling the motion and appearance of numerous complex objects and their
transitions relying exclusively on code would not be possible for even the
"gunnest" JFX coder...