On Fri, 25 Sep 2026 13:57:35 GMT, Lukasz Kostyra <[email protected]> wrote:

>> I see that it still caps at 1000. Is this a hard limit?
>
> Looking at JavaFX code there should be no cap unless there is some driver or 
> runtime limitation. JavaFX immediately fires the next pulse with this 
> setting, and VSync should be disabled fully.
> 
> Today I'm on my weaker Intel iGPU machine, I will give it a closer look at my 
> stronger PC with an NVidia card next week. I don't expect this to be a JavaFX 
> cap, but it might be worth looking into. Timer limitations/precision on 
> Windows maybe?
> 
> **EDIT:** I forgot to add, I do see the 1000FPS cap on my current machine as 
> well.

I was going to say that even on an iGPU, if you draw only 1 quad it should 
easily pass the 1000 fps mark.

I don't know about Windows' build-in limitations or the driver's. Except for 
testing, I don't see a need for such high numbers, and testing can always 
create heavier workloads to avoid the cap.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1387#discussion_r4105700154

Reply via email to