On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Vit Mares <mares....@gmail.com> wrote:
> The FTD2232 can be used not only as a JTAG dongle but it is also
> very big helper for embedded developer. It can be used as a I2C or SPI
> bridge between your PC and uC board, it can be used for Lattice FPGA
> programming etc. and many of us use it on Windows with native FTDI driver
> support. The speed is not so important the drivers are.

Hello Vit, I have implemented bitbang functionality that allows
scripting high level buses (such as I2C, SPI, ...) in external
scripts, so they are not hardcoded into binary and it works fine with
open libftdi :-) No need to have closed source libftd2xx :-) You can
check it out at http://repo.or.cz/w/openocd/libswd.git

Best regards :-)
Tomek