The Hypergrid protocol is, unfortunately, full of RPC calls. If I had to do it today, I would have done it with REST instead. When I started doing it, we still didn't have the nice architecture that we have today.

Having said that, it's true that many of the REST handlers are essentially RPC handlers. I would, however, stick to the style in each service. For example, the asset service is relatively clean, so I would keep it that way.