I would if the endpoint had unreasonable expectations I wanted to ignore.
 She is right that different functionality ought to have different URI.  If
your endpoint doesn't offer that then it ought to be ignored and
deprecated.  If it does then you ought to use different URI.

Basically, if you are having a problem with historical support you don't
want to use the method for future functionality.  Make something else even
if it almost exactly duplicates the old way of doing things -- although the
fact that you had to make the new way argues against continuing to bang
your head against the wall.

I am basing my argument entirely upon the fact that you complained about
the problem of old versions.  If you have a problem with old versions then
the software is wrong to begin with by definition.  You should not want to
continue using it, and ought to find a better way rather than waste time
and energy trying to support it.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Oren Hurvitz <or...@kitely.com> wrote:

> This isn't overloading: it's an RPC endpoint that accepts many methods.
> You wouldn't create a separate endpoint for each method, would you?

No essence.  No permanence.  No perfection.  Only action.