There is no implicit versioning in the actual request protocol. That
would have been impossible to maintain in the long run. Instead,
there is a "protocol version". We can bump it when there are
incompatible changes on any protocol and it invalidates all of them.
So a sim version 7 will refuse to connect to a server version 6 and
vice versa. This gives us both control and simplicity.

Melanie