> Is Sun even
> sure it's self what will do what and what will
> replace what?

I am definitely the least qualified person to comment on what Sun should or
should not have done.  But I think if there is any doubt, there is always the
good 'ol faithful "Solaris 10" (which is also surprisingly modern--as Sun is
constantly back-porting many of the new features from Solaris Express).

In a separate thread, there are discussions on dual-booting b/t Solaris 10 and
Solaris Express.  This is, IMO, one of very rare instances that you can
actually have a cake and eat it at the same time.  My mother runs Solaris 10u4
on her little IBM ThinkPad notebook.  (Interestingly, this is the only system
that she feels comfortable with, vis-a-vis Windows, Mac, and various Linux
distros.)  Her system is indeed "modern" enough that I don't see any need of
moving into Solaris 11.  In the foreseeable future anyway.