Anon Y Mous wrote:
Also, does flar create not work well with the ZFS version used in 2008.11 and
that's why it's not in there? Or is flar supposed to be replaced by some
feature in ZFS? Or is the flar code owned by a third party that won't allow
free redistribution of it? I haven't heard any hints from anybody at Sun yet as
to why it's impossible to have a flash archive package for Indiana.

From what I remember being told, there were various problems surrounding flash archives. And finally, the was a possibility of a third-party license issue among them.

I'd like to see something zfs-centred myself...

Cheers,
--
Shawn Walker