In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:54:31 +0300,
Solar Designer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

solar> I've now tried removing the patch from our 0.9.6g package and what I
solar> get is:
solar>
solar> 1. Both versions appear to produce a working library now, however:
solar>
solar> 2. The sizes and symbol offsets in them differ:
solar>
solar> With -Wl,-Bsymbolic (original):
solar> -rwxr-xr-x     root     root       827429 Nov 15 09:28
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6
solar>
solar> Without -Wl,-Bsymbolic (patched):
solar> -rwxr-xr-x     root     root       858309 Nov 15 09:40
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6

Oh, about that, I'm not too surprised.  Since -Bsymbolic gets the
linker to resolve calls between modules within the shared library,
the final relocation table will of course get smaller.

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Redakteur@Stacken  \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.