On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 02:06:12PM +0200, Richard Levitte via RT wrote:

> I'm taking a look at it.  Don't worry about RT "stripping" the
> attachment, that's just for outgoing email.  The patch is in the
> database, and I just downloaded it.

Richard,

I prepared new version of the patch.

Fixes:

- indentation -- I did the previous patch with -b, which was
not exactly clever;

- OPENSSL_free(*host_ptr) replaces OPENSSL_free(*port_ptr);

- freeaddrinfo(res0) is now in the err:;

- NI_MAXHOST instead of INET6_ADDRSTRLEN + 16.

Changes:

The patch also changes the logic in conn_state, to go back to
BIO_CONN_S_CREATE_SOCKET from later stages, provided there are some
more records in res left.

The patch also no longer adds those *_ipv6 functions, so that
changes to the ABI are minimal. Those two functions can always be
added any time later on.

I can also generate just an incremental patch from the previous
patch2, if you prefer.

Are you aware of any software which actually uses the BIO networking?
I'm affraid I did not test these code paths beyond compile.

Yours,

--
Jan Pazdziora