Ger Hobbelt wrote:
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:32 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] via RT
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
- windows.h apparently includes wincrypt.h (no idea whether that's
 specific to that compiler, but it seems so ...), so I needed to
 #undefine a couple of names messed up by wincrypt.h
 (patches to rand.h, x509.h and e_os.h).

Same applies when you compile OpenSSL with Microsoft Visual C++
(MSVC6/2003/2005/2008): windows.h / winsock[2].h / wincrypt.h are
system header files by Microsoft and wincrypt.h indeed contains
several items which [still] conflict with OpenSSL (0.9.9.latest CVS).

BTW: I do not use the OpenSSL provided makefiles but MSVC project
files to build DLLs and static libs; the *LEAN_AND_MEAN #define is not
needed to make OpenSSL compile and behave well. What was necessary
however (at least in my case) is making darn sure those windows.h /
winsock2.h header files come in before anything 'else' ('else' ==
standard POSIX header files such as stdlib.h and OpenSSL header
files/code, or you'd get a conflict with winsock.h and winsock2.h
header files in some cases).

Sure and "*LEAN_AND_MEAN #define" resolve this - reference search for "Creating a Basic Winsock Application".
In addition this define resolve conflict with recent "wincrypt.h".

I can produce diffs if you want them.

Roumen