On 06/19/2017 05:42 PM, Chris Hoge wrote:

On Jun 15, 2017, at 5:57 AM, Thierry Carrez <thie...@openstack.org> wrote:

Sean Dague wrote:
[...]
I think those are all fine. The other term that popped into my head was
"Friends of OpenStack" as a way to describe the openstack-hosted efforts
that aren't official projects. It may be too informal, but I do think
the OpenStack-Hosted vs. OpenStack might still mix up in people's head.

My original thinking was to call them "hosted projects" or "host
projects", but then it felt a bit incomplete. I kinda like the "Friends
of OpenStack" name, although it seems to imply some kind of vetting that
we don't actually do.

Why not bring back the name Stackforge and apply that
to unofficial projects? It’s short, descriptive, and unambiguous.

Just keep in mind that people always looked at stackforge projects as "immature experimental projects". I remember getting questions "when is ironic-inspector going to become a real project" because of our stackforge prefix back then, even though it was already used in production.

-Chris

An alternative would be to give "the OpenStack project infrastructure"
some kind of a brand name (say, "Opium", for OpenStack project
infrastructure ultimate madness) and then call the hosted projects
"Opium projects". Rename the Infra team to Opium team, and voilà!
--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)