On 3/29/2018 8:36 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
On 3/29/2018 6:50 PM, Sean McGinnis wrote:
May we can add a "Reimaging" state to the volume? Then Nova could poll for it
to go from that back to Available?

That would be fine with me, and maybe similar to how 'extending' and 'retyping' work for an attached volume?

Nova wouldn't wait for the volume to go to 'available', we don't want it to go to 'available', we'd just wait for it to go back to 'reserved'. During a rebuild the instance still needs to keep the volume logically attached to it so another instance can't grab it.

This all sounds reasonable to me.

Thanks for hashing it out guys!

Jay