On 4/9/2018 3:51 AM, Gorka Eguileor wrote:
As I see it, the process would look something like this:

- Nova detaches volume using OS-Brick
- Nova calls Cinder re-image passing the node's info (like we do when
   attaching a new volume)
- Cinder would:
   - Ensure only that node is connected to the volume
   - Terminate connection to the original volume
   - If we can do optimized volume creation:
     - If encrypted volume we create a copy of the encryption key on
       Barbican or copy the ID field from the DB and ensure we don't
       delete the Barbican key on the delete.
     - Create new volume from image
     - Swap DB fields to preserve the UUID
     - Delete original volume
   - If it cannot do optimized volume creation:
     - Initialize+Attach volume to Cinder node
     - DD the new image into the volume
     - Detach+Terminate volume
   - Initialize connection for the new volume to the Nova node
   - Return connection information to the volume
- Nova attaches volume with OS-Brick using returned connection
   information.

So I agree, it's not a blockRebase operation, just a change in the
volume that is used.

Yeah we're on the same page with respect to the high level changes on the nova side.

Matt