On 11 November 2014 22:35, Adam Young <ayo...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Recent recurrence of the "Why ios everything on its own port" question
> triggered my desire to take this pattern and put it to rest.
>
> My suggestion, from a while ago, was to have a naming scheme that
> deconflicts putting all of the services onto a single server, on port 443.
>
> I've removed a lot of the cruft, but not added in entries for all the new
> *aaS services.
>

> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/URLs
>
> Please add in anything that should be part of OpenStack.  Let's make this a
> reality, and remove the  specific ports.
>
> If you are worried about debugging, look into rpdb.  It is a valuable tool
> for debugging a mod_wsgi based application.

I am really encouraged by this proposal to be able to support url
prefixes.  I am currently working through arbitrary url prefix for
keystone, glance-api and keystone.  The services currently have quite
naive support for an arbitrary prefix and expect to own document root.

Whilst your proposal does head into solving this issue, I'd like to
stress that it should be a default prefix and not a hardcoded value.

--
Kind Regards,
Dave Walker