On 11/11/2014 05:47 PM, Ian Cordasco wrote:
On 11/11/14, 16:35, "Adam Young" <ayo...@redhat.com> wrote:

Recent recurrence of the "Why ios everything on its own port" question
triggered my desire to take this pattern and put it to rest.

My suggestion, from a while ago, was to have a naming scheme that
deconflicts putting all of the services onto a single server, on port 443.

I've removed a lot of the cruft, but not added in entries for all the
new *aaS services.

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/URLs

Please add in anything that should be part of OpenStack.  Let's make
this a reality, and remove the  specific ports.

If you are worried about debugging, look into rpdb.  It is a valuable
tool for debugging a mod_wsgi based application.

Is the reason subdomains aren’t being suggested because of the expense of
*.hostname certificates?
No, more due to the preponderance of all-in-one install options for smaller deployments. Having one hostname per service should work just as well, this being the more restrictive approach.