On 11/12/2014 06:21 AM, Darren Kenny wrote:
Chris Dent wrote:
On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Adam Young wrote:

My suggestion, from a while ago, was to have a naming scheme that deconflicts putting all of the services onto a single server, on port 443.

+1

The current state of affairs is indeed weird.

It is, and as BUIs move more towards client's doing the access of the URLs, it is something we need to fix - since most browsers restrict cross-domain access (including different ports on the same host) for security reasons.

This is the reason that the Horizon guys wrote a kind of reverse-proxy WSGI to enable demonstrations of the AngularJS work last week - so that
all the REST API calls were back to the origin of Horizon itself.

Well, CORS issues are related. If we do follow through with this proposal, and the Horizon server was working as the proxy for all of the endpoints, we'd have to make sure we were comfortable with the security implications of all traffic (tokens) going through one server, as well as come up with a means to allow for multiple endpoints on one proxy server.

Is this something that ought to be considered in the api-wg's
discussions?

That would appear to fit within the aims of that working group.

Thanks,

Darren.