On 22/09/16 10:49 -0500, Michał Jastrzębski wrote:
So issue is, I know of few other openstacks on k8s and everyone does
that slightly differently. So far we lack proof points and real world
data to determine best approaches to stuff. This is still not-to-well
researched field. Right now it's mostly opinions and assumptions.
We're not ready to make document without having a flame war around
it;) Not enough knowledge in our collective brains.

Awesome input, thanks.

As for Kolla-k8s we are still deep in development, so we are free to
take best course of action we know of. We don't have any technical
debt now. Current state of stuff represents what we thing is best
approach.

I wonder if we can start writing these assumptions down and update them as we
go. I don't expect you to do it, I'm happy to help with this. We could put it in
kolla-k8s docs if that makes sense to other kolla-k8s folks.

I'll probably start pinging you guys on IRC with questions so I can help writing
this down.

There is also part that k8s is constantly growing and it lacks certain
features that created these issues in the first place, if k8s solves
them on their side, that will affect decision on our side.

Thanks a lot, Michal. This is indeed the kind of info I was looking for and
where I'd love to start from.

Flavio

Welcome to the Chaos;)