Patrick Lightbody wrote:

you are being quite a roadblock right now. It's been basically me explaining
my views and you shooting them down. No one else has interjected and given a
+1 or -1. That is why I persist.
FWIW, from the discussions I've seen so far between the two of you, Maurice has my vote on all counts.

Also, just to make it totally clear, I've used WebWork for a long time and I
have used the techniques that you and everyone else on this list uses. It's
true! And I have found a better way (in my opinion, of course).
That may be, but there seems to be lacking an explanation of just why this is better.

know the options available, and I choose better options. Your options are
poor. Sorry to say it, but (again, IMHO), but you're using WebWork in a
fashion that is not much better than writing simple servlets.
That may be, but this needs to be shown, not just stated.

So why don't well all use WebSquad instead of WebWork? Hell, it's simpler,
faster, and does the job that you all seem to be content with. In the
meantime, I guess WebWork is a dead-end avenue for me to pursue advanced
usage patterns and features, so I'll start a new project myself if I need
to.
Well, it sure makes it easier to justify new features that way ;-)

But let me make it clear: If you refuse to let WebWork grow in to
something more than a bloated version of WebSquad, then I find some other
way to get my features in to a project that is more open to new ideas than
you are.
I guess you need to be more clear on not what features you want, but why you want them, and why it's such an improvement over what's in there today.

Or am I missing something here?

regards,
Rickard