Anders has had a good point all along. <ww:property/> is really doing two
jobs: push and print. We are all OK with it because we're used to it. But
his post below of course looks completely silly... why would you want
<ww:property/> to do push, print, AND include. That's just silly, right?

Well, now move your perspective to someone who hasn't used <ww:property/>
for 2 years. Move it to a WebWork newbie, but someone who is still smart and
can see the obvious misnomer of "property". Try real hard before you dismiss
it. Open your mind up. And then remember you can still have property for
compatibility and for people that are used to it, but <ww:print
property="foo"/> and <ww:push property="foo">...</ww:push> would make a hell
of a lot more sense.

OK, now let's think about <ui:hidden/>, another good idea shot down. Imagine
you are new to webwork, but you're a good developer that has never read much
documentation, since most good APIs just work like they should. So you wrote
a JSP with <ui:textfield/> and <ui:select/>, and then, since hidden is just
another type of input, you decided to write <ui:hidden/>, since that makes
sense (I mean, you've got a UI tag for everything else). Again, try hard
before you dismiss it. Don't say, "well hidden doesn't need error messages,
so we shouldn't include it". Open your mind up -- try to be THAT person
described above. It's a matter of doing what a smart newbie would most
likely do. I know I would. I just had to add a hidden tag to a JSP page that
used exclusively JSP taglibs (WebWork's UI tags as well as some custom
helpers). But since there was no hidden, I crapped up the JSP with HTML.
Does that really make sense -- especially for an incredibly small addition
that completes the set of mapping from WebWork tags to HTML <input> tags?

-Pat