> FWIW, from the discussions I've seen so far between the two of you,
> Maurice has my vote on all counts.

Great. What is the reason for that?

> > Also, just to make it totally clear, I've used WebWork for a long time
> > and I
> > have used the techniques that you and everyone else on this list uses.
> > It's
> > true! And I have found a better way (in my opinion, of course).
>
> That may be, but there seems to be lacking an explanation of just why
> this is better.

I suppose I could send in a views.properties file I use from work, but it
doesn't get the point across unless you see the example as a whole. And
while I've wasted far too much time on this already, I don't have the time
to put an example together. My point is that Maurice has shot down feature
enhancement requests by picking apart my examples (examples that already
work in the code today). If you don't like action chaining (the way it is
now, not the hackish way it was), then please pull the code out. Rollback
ServletDispatch and be done with it. If you don't agree with the usage
pattern, don't let it be partially in there, but then stop enhancements on
this.

Rickard, you were for a generic command framework. I remember this. Every
effort Maurice has made has inhibited that change in direction. There is no
other way to say it.

> > So why don't well all use WebSquad instead of WebWork? Hell, it's
simpler,
> > faster, and does the job that you all seem to be content with. In the
> > meantime, I guess WebWork is a dead-end avenue for me to pursue advanced
> > usage patterns and features, so I'll start a new project myself if I
need
> > to.
>
> Well, it sure makes it easier to justify new features that way ;-)

Of course not. I'm try to see that I am at my wits end. It is much easier
for me to "do it myself" then to waste even one more second trying to
convince people that aren't willing to dig a bit deeper (even in to code in
CVS, not even new ideas).