> Lars, just out of curiosity, what is driving the requirement for not
> supporting the complete browser model (no javascript)?

These are some of the reasons:

- some IT departments do not allow JavaScript (Active Scripting) for
security reasons
- my applications should work with the most common browsers (e. g. I use
Firebird
  with JavaScript turned off) and there are big differences between several
browsers so
  it's not THE browser model
- I don't want to mix user interfaces with application logic

What do the others think about using JavaScript in J2EE applications ?
Is it 'allowed' ?

Cheers
Lars