On Jan 6, 2010, at 11:33:41, Karl O. Pinc wrote:

> On 01/06/2010 09:14:01 AM, Eric F Crist wrote:
>
>> This forum will be moderated.  To apply for +v during the
>> conversation, please send an email to open...@secure-computing.net
>> with your registered IRC nickname and reason for requesting +v.
>
> That sounds less than open and engaged with the community.
> Wouldn't it be better to simply
> ban people if there is a problem? (If you have enough
> attendees you'll have to resort to that strategy anyway.)

For the record, I'm with the 'community,' and have no relationship with OpenVPN
Technologies, Inc.  Samuli or nobody else asked for the moderation.  I'm just
aware of the problems we've had in-channel in the past.  I will discuss it with
irc admins and see what their thoughts are.  We could attempt a completely open
forum and tighten it up from there.  I try to be easy to get along with. :)

---
Eric Crist