Very insightful and I agree.

Note that my title is "Data Services Mgr." and in that role I do some
DBAing, need to learn a lot
More Oracle 'basic' keep it in the middle of the road stuff, but where I
make my biggest impact
And consistently win annual awards (I get coins (organizational coins --
big thing in the US military) and good ratings because I deliver data
when they (the 'lusers' who are dumb as a sack of rocks when it comes to
getting data -- as it should be) want it and how they want it.  I
provide them the data they need to 'empower' (one of their favorite
words) them in doing their jobs well -- whatever that may be.

In short, we work for and by the good graces of our respective lusers --
never lose sight of that.

v/r

Stephen S. Wolfe, GS-11, DAFC
Data Services Manager