> On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 Hans Dybkjaer, Papirfoldning.dk <h...@papirfoldning.dk>
wrote:
> When I fold corner to corner I make a diagonal fold and I have created a
diagonal crease. When instructing I can tell them to fold corners to
corners, or to make the diagonals.
> When I fold side to side I make a book fold and I have created a ...
what? When instructing I can tell them to fold sides to sides, or to make
the ... what?  Certainly not the books :-)
> When making each of these steps, I get the diagonal cross and the ...
what ... cross?
////////////////
Hello, Hans!  When I teach my classes at my local library, I use the
following terminology:
1)  Two Diagonal Folds results in an "X" on the opened-up square. I tell my
students "fold the paper in half Diagonally, then Open, Rotate, and
Repeat". And, of course, I'm showing them at the same time.
2)  Two Book Folds results in a Cross on the opened-up square. I tell my
students "fold the paper in half Side-to-Side (this maneuver is usually
called a Book Fold), then Open, Rotate, and Repeat". And, of course, I'm
showing them at the same time.
----- I actually only rarely mention the "X" or the "Cross". It doesn't
seem relevant to me, and since I'm always doing the folding with them, they
just look at my paper and see if theirs looks like mine, OK! My intent is
more to have them learn the Fold, and the name for the Fold.
..... from Chila ///
Chilagami - I think, therefore I fold; I fold, therefore I am
Folding for Fun in Northern Arizona, USA
chilag...@gmail.com
Chila's Origami World (COW!) on Facebook