Book folding will result in a valley or a mountain. Depends on the view

Diagonal folds will make a "cross-section" or an intersection. Think four
roads meeting at a junction.

On Mon, 8 Jul, 2019, 3:57 PM, <>

> When I fold corner to corner I make a diagonal fold and I have created a
> diagonal crease. When instructing I can tell them to fold corners to
> corners, or to make the diagonals.
> When I fold side to side I make a book fold and I have created a ... what?
> When instructing I can tell them to fold sides to sides, or to make the ...
> what?  Certainly not the books :-)
> When making each of these steps, I get the diagonal cross and the ... what
> ... cross?
> In Danish I call them “diagonalfolder” and “tværfolder”, where “tværs”
> means across, and I get a “diagonalkryds” and a “tværkryds” where “kryds”
> means cross.
> That is, I do not know, in English, the name of the crease that goes from
> the centre of one edge to the centre of the opposite edge. And I do not
> know the name of the cross made from two of those creases.
> I hope somebody can clear up this terminology for me.
> Best regards,
>      Hans
> Hans Dybkjær
> Society:

Reply via email to