-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Michael
Doernberg
Sent: 14 February 2001 01:45
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Re: Garbage collection, out of memory

When you deploy your application. Orion will generate an XML file called
orion-ejb-jar.xml, if one does not exist. The file is derived from your
EJBs.  The file can be found buried in the application-deployments
directory.

You can set some parameters on each EJB you deem appropriate. These
parameters are not set in the auto generated file.

The first is a "validity-timeout" set to milliseconds. This will passivate
the the EJB if not active.

The second is a parameter called "max-instances" . This is set to the max
number of EJBs of a particular type you want. I am not sure if this is
supported yet, but I believe it was supposed to be implemented in the 1.4.7.

Hope this help. Let me know what you figure out.

-Mike