Hi,

I hit the same problem with code ported from 1.2 to 2.0, and to trace it
I used gDebugger ( the trial ) and set breakpoints to OpenGL errors.

In my case it turned out to be using osg::Program without any shaders
for some parts of the scene.
I'll try this way also, see if it confirms the gDebbugger results.

I also found some more debugger programs, not as advanced as gDebugger,
but with some interesting features for shader debugging:
http://glintercept.nutty.org/index.html
http://graphics.stanford.edu/projects/shadesmith/ this one has very
powerful visualization options for shader variables, but they mention
that to debug it has to create it's own context, leaving me with a bit
of a problem as to how to implement it ( although if anybody can hook it
up to an osg app, then it could be used for ANY osg app )

Cheers
Mihai