No, methods from TrackballManipulator help you in understanding when you are
interacting
with the viewer and so when you need to call frame().
Ciao!
        mario

Ákos Maróy wrote:
> Mario Valle wrote:
>> Look at the following code (Refresh fires OnPaint that fires viewer->frame())
>> void Canvas::OnIdle(wxIdleEvent& event)
>> {
>>      if (_updateWhenIdle || _updateWhenIdleOverride)
>>      {
>>              Refresh();
>>              event.RequestMore();
>>      }
>> }
>> Without this logic the viewer was continually spinning.
>
> I see, but these are not OSG calls, but wxWindows calls.
>
> is it so that one cannot achieve this functionality with OSG, but has to
> look outside to a windowing API?
>

> Akos

Ing. Mario Valle
Visualization Group                              | http://www.cscs.ch/~mvalle
Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS)      | Tel:  +41 (91) 610.82.60
v. Cantonale Galleria 2, 6928 Manno, Switzerland | Fax:  +41 (91) 610.82.82