Hello all,
after some info about OpenGL 3 the most interesting topic I am eager
to hear about is the ray-tracing support in OSG! Are there any news?
If there is something I am gonna ask to Santa this Chirstmas is a new
OSG raytracer for sure... I already dropped the OpenGL 3
specifications option...
For folks like me it would already be VERY interesting to have
something that can ray-trace triangles, spheres, cylinders, make some
transparency, simple sharp shadows and specular hightlights, probably
that's all I need to raytrace some very nice molecules :)
So, what are the news? Is there any chance to raytrace a couple of
thousands of spheres at (barely) interactive frame rates?

Ciao,
Michele