>> I haven't been tempted by the reference manual book because I know
>> how to navigate
> the source code and can't see how the relatively sparse comments
> therein would be
> more helpful compiled together. I think the situation is even worse
> once you get

i thought this would be my experience too, after writing it, but i've
been surprised. simply seeing all the methods laid out in a logical
fashion (rather than how they might be typed into the header), seeing
the documentation for a class side-by-side with it's _full_
inheritance hierarchy, and seeing some context (early chapters for osg
overview, env var documentation, etc) have actually been interesting.

i've even learned a few things in the process of writing / editing
these things. yes, you can teach an old dog new tricks.

> outside the core OSG classes, so a credible documentation job would
> mean a lot of
> work for someone.

i'll second that comment. at best, these things pay for beer and
aspirin, both necessary after beating one's head against doxygen and
latex. :)

bob