Hi Guy and J.P,

Still struggling to keep up, partly cause I'm a bit cold on the
subject, and partly because I've gone done with a rather pesky cold...

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 10:47 AM, J.P. Delport <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Selecting glDrawBuffer/s according to the attachment map does make
>  sense; however, Like Guy, I'm not sure if multiple attachments would
>  always imply the intention to use MRT and for this reason I added the
>  explicit setDrawBuffers call. The explicit call also lessens the risk
>  for code breakage of current uses of the attachment map.

The BufferComponent's in the AttachmentMap area meant to be reasonable
unambiguous, COLOR_BUFFER1 upwards all require MRT to be implemented,
they can't be implement in any other way, so I don't think
implementing the backend to use MRT automatically would be
inappropriate or break previous code.

        enum BufferComponent
        {
            DEPTH_BUFFER,
            STENCIL_BUFFER,
            COLOR_BUFFER,
            COLOR_BUFFER0 = COLOR_BUFFER,
            COLOR_BUFFER1 = COLOR_BUFFER+1,
            COLOR_BUFFER2 = COLOR_BUFFER+2,
            COLOR_BUFFER3 = COLOR_BUFFER+3,
            COLOR_BUFFER4 = COLOR_BUFFER+4,
            COLOR_BUFFER5 = COLOR_BUFFER+5,
            COLOR_BUFFER6 = COLOR_BUFFER+6,
            COLOR_BUFFER7 = COLOR_BUFFER+7
        };

>  I'm sure you will see that there is no magic to my current
>  implementation. The difficult part is to figure out when to enable it.

Can we not just do it when COLOR_BUFFER1 upwards are enabled?