Sorry for the delay, Robert.
Solved!
Downloaded and installed FreeType 2.3.5 from
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/downlinks/freetype-bin-zip.php
Updated FREETYPE_LIBRARY AND FREETYPE_LIBRARY_DEBUG in Cmake (my fault:
I was pointing to the wrong library)
So maybe it is better for 2.4 to upgrade the 3rdParty Zip file to
contain Freetype 2.3.5 and no more 2.1.9
Also the debug libraries libpngD.lib and  zlibD.lib  were missing from
3rdParty downloaded from svn.
So, go on with the good work!
                                                    mario

Robert Osfield wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Hiccups under OSX/Cmake and Windows/FreeType builds have held back
> making 2.4 today, I haven't yet received any update on the
> Windows/FreeType but on the OSX/Cmake side we "may" have a bit of
> progress.  However, this progress was made via tweaks to the core osg
> libs' CMakeLists.txt, while in theory nothing should change on other
> platforms, we cannot assume this.  So far my linux build looks OK, and
> Stephan suggests that the changes should work under OSX, but under
> other platforms we need feedback, in particular Windows as this is
> very different in needs to unices.
>
> So... once again I have a ask, with a pretty please, for more testing,
> this time of the SVN version of the OSG.  I things look OK with this
> tomorrow morning I'll tag the next dev release (2.3.11).   Ideally
> overnight we'll magically see resolution of the remaining problems
> under OSX and Windows, alas the "magic" will only come about via hard
> labour for engineers under Windows and OSX, so good luck on this
> front.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert.

Ing. Mario Valle
Data Analysis and Visualization Services         | http://www.cscs.ch/~mvalle
Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS)      | Tel:  +41 (91) 610.82.60
v. Cantonale Galleria 2, 6928 Manno, Switzerland | Fax:  +41 (91) 610.82.82