Hello Mario,

> Downloaded and installed FreeType 2.3.5 from
> http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/downlinks/freetype-bin-zip.php
> Updated FREETYPE_LIBRARY AND FREETYPE_LIBRARY_DEBUG in Cmake (my fault:
> I was pointing to the wrong library)
> So maybe it is better for 2.4 to upgrade the 3rdParty Zip file to
> contain Freetype 2.3.5 and no more 2.1.9

See http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Downloads/Dependencies

It is clearly stated that for OSG 2.3.x +, you should get your 3rd party
dependencies from Mike's SVN repo and *NOT* the 3rdParty zip file. That
file is only there for versions of OSG prior to 2.3.x . The SVN repo
contains, among other things, pre-compiled freetype 2.3.5 binaries.

So, it was not necessary to download freetype from gnuwin32, only to get
the 3rdParty dependencies from the right place. The zip file will not be
updated (perhaps Mike can make a new zip file for people who don't have
SVN, but that's another matter).

Hope this helps,

J-S