On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Linh Phan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I'm having a "cannot find -ljpeg" problem compiling OSG2.4 on MinGW,
> but when I do a ls on C:/Program Files/OpenSceneGraph/lib, I see:
>
> C:/Program Files/OpenSceneGraph/lib/libjpeg.lib
> C:/Program Files/OpenSceneGraph/lib/libjpegD.lib
>
> (these are Michael's Prebuilt OSG binaries for Windows.)  Do you know
> what I did wrong?

You did nothing wrong, this is an existing issue I've come across before
too.  The Find modules distributed as part of OSG with CMake search
C:/Program Files/OpenSceneGraph/lib at configure time (not sure why).  I
mentioned this on osg-users a while back and nobody seemed to care much.
This probably should be changed, though.  It might cause some people a bit
of grief though if they are relying on installing the prebuilt OSG binaries
to pick up 3rd-party dependencies for VS8 instead of simply using the 3rd
party deps repository when they compile their own builds of the OSG.

Your best workaround for now is to search through the CMake cache using the
GUI and fix any places where you see a reference to a ".lib" file with an
actual MinGW-compiled library, aka ".dll.a" or ".a" file.

--
Philip Lowman