-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ulrich
Hertlein
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:19 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Advice on Rendering Streaming video

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I've already set up an orthographic2D view that will look at a quad
> which will display the texture. The shader will then convert the
texture
> into RGB and do the whitebalance.  I am also able to swap the texture
> back and forth and maintain decent frame rates but the textures I'm
> using to test are only 64x64 pixels (tank.rgba and water.rgba) and I'm
> wondering if it would be too slow (<30fps) to use the same method for
> 1000x1000 pixel images.

The texture bandwidth isn't likely to be a problem, keep in mind that
bayer
images are only 1/3 of an RGB image of the same size.

Things to look out for is to use non-power-of-two textures or texture
rectangles
to avoid CPU scaling of the image.

You'll also want to attach a osg::PixelBufferObject to the osg::Image.

Unfortunately getting a nice image from that is a b??ch and the shaders
can get
complex pretty fast, the number of texture lookups is probably the most
expensive op.  What de-bayer algorithms are you looking at?

Cheers,
/uli