Okay, I have to try it. Could you give me any code or literature to implement
this for (first) one ray?

Thanks, Roland

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Robert Osfield
Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2008 14:30
An: OpenSceneGraph Users
Betreff: Re: [osg-users] Linesegment, shader

Hi Roland,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Leitner, Roland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sorry ;) I need the results (distance map) back to the cpu.

If you need the results back on the CPU then you will most likely be
best to use a CPU based algorithm.  You could render to depth buffer
and then read this back but the round trip to the graphics card is
likely to blow all the speed advantages of using the CPU for depth
testing.

>From OSG-2.6 onwards the OSG has KdTree support that can help with
speed of intersection testing.  Or alternatively write your own custom
intersection codes.