On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 1:58 AM, Alejandro Aguilar Sierra
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think vpb should have a set of well documented and flexible
> parameters that allow to use it for any planetary terrain, otherwise
> we will need --geoecentric-mars, --geoecentric-mercury, etc.

I don't think anyone of us would disagree with this sentiment.
Especially if you are willing to help with this effort :-)

> By the way, which algorithms is using vpb to deal with LOD and terrain paging?

It's basically just a quad tree, and some threading.

> The pole looks weird. Is there any way to fix it?

Poles are little bit awkward to fix with the simple quad tree approach
used by the OSG (and many other whole whole techniques.)  We could
certainly do more to try and alleviate this problem by better sampling
around the poles when building the terrain.  Anisotropic filtering can
help at runtime.